Sunday, March 21, 2010

What Bothers Your Green Conscience?

A friend of mine recently shared a website with me of a wonderfully talented and creative woman in Canada - Franke James. She has just published a book called "Bothered by My Green Conscience" and one of her wonderful illustrations is shown below.  It's a clever concept - she's asked people what things happen in their lives that bother their "green conscience" - a newly discovered part of our brain!

So.... Families...What bothers YOUR Green Conscience?!
(leave your answer in the comment box)

Here's my list:
- receiving a present that I know I won't use but am unable to give it back
- buying food products that I really enjoy eating but are wrapped in packing unable to be recycled
- giving into my partner when he wants to drive somewhere short because I don't have the energy to argue about it
- allowing food to waste 
- throwing away metal - aluminum foil & bottle caps
- watering my lawn (in Australia) because I'm under a rental agreement to keep it alive
 

Tracy Lydiatt
The Green Families Guru

No comments:

Post a Comment